mercredi 19 août 2009

They like to eat a lot,Tyranids!

I love this army, who could resist owning a whole bunch of insects? Most 40k fans love starship troopers, this is probably one of the main reasons why I even bother getting nids.











I never really liked all previous tyranid editions, it was only when the second hive tyrant came out that I really started loving them. The new carnifex also looked a lot like a huge insect, so I was pretty much sold!
A few days later I went to GW got the codex and lot of battleforces lol.
I got the horde to a respectable size, but somehow I end up spending money in other things and in other armies. This is a common downside of owning too many armies.
I didn't have anything painted untill about 4 years ago, when I decided to seriously starting painting this army. Playing battles with hordes of black gaunts was so much fun, I knew they would look a lot better painted. At first the carapace was kinda white, the painting technique was a lot less complicated, but after a few tryouts I went with a light blue carapace with a much more complicated painting technique, very similar to that shown in the new codex.

I used to have everything painting for about a year and a half, but while buying harlequins I have an unstopable mood to get myself some rogue trader tyranids lol. I ended up buying some soul hunters, some tyranid squigs, 1 zoat, 2 warriors. I still have to paint all these, but I doubt they would take more than a month to paint.
Question is, will I ever find a month to paint these? I'm so busy on Dark Eldar right now, I just can't stop painting them.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Membres

Qui êtes-vous ?

Ma photo
I'm the typical 40k guy who has several armies and can't stop buying more and more.